We perform routine surgeries such as spays, neuters, mass removals, and laceration repair.
We also host highly experienced, board-certified mobile surgeons who offer a wide range of procedures at our hospitals. Throughout the surgical process, these surgeons work closely with our veterinarians to ensure that you and your pet have seamless and accessible care, often at a greatly reduced cost compared with a referral hospital setting.
For scheduled surgeries, we require a pre-surgical visit which will include:
- A physical exam by the doctor
- A blood test to minimize the risk of anesthesia and to check liver, kidney, and bone marrow function
- A discussion of the surgical procedure
- A question and answer period for you
Our surgeries include the following:
- State-of-the-art anesthesia and monitoring equipment for cardiac function, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, carbon dioxide buildup, and temperature
- Intravenous fluids to maintain kidney function and blood pressure. These also promote recovery from the procedure.
- Pain medication before, during and after the surgery
- A trained veterinary technician who is with your pet during the induction of anesthesia, the surgical procedure, and the recovery of your pet in a warm, comfortable, quiet area
- A follow-up call from the doctor once the surgery has been completed and your pet has recovered from the anesthesia
Our goal is to discharge patients on the same afternoon/evening of the surgery if possible. In special circumstances, it may be necessary to hospitalize your pet overnight or to arrange a transfer to our local critical care hospital.