| 6320 Springfield Plaza, Springfield, VA 22150

| M-F: 7:30am - 7:00pm Sat: 8:30am - 3:00pm Sun: Closed

| info@colonialvets.com

Find our COVID Information here



Find our COVID Information here
Health Certificates

Health Certificates

Domestic & International Health Certificates 

If you plan to travel with your pet to another state or country, he or she may need a certificate of veterinary inspection. As a federally accredited veterinarian, we can provide a health certificate that ensures your pet has met certain health criteria. Health certificates for domestic interstate and international travel have stringent rules veterinarians cannot bend.

When you contact us about providing a health certificate, be sure to provide the following information:

• The type of animal that will be traveling
• The country of destination
• The date of departure from the U.S.
• Whether your pet will be traveling alone, as cargo, or with a person in the cabin of the plane

For travel outside the U.S., you can look up the country you are traveling to and get helpful guidelines here. For detailed information about the steps in obtaining an international health certificate for your pet, visit the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service USDA APHIS website.