Our Goal at Colonial Animal Hospital is to provide quality medical care for your pet in a timely manner. In order to do so we have had to implement an appointment cancellation policy. The policy enables us to better utilize available appointments for our patients in need of medical care.
In order to be respectful of the medical needs of all patients, please be courteous and call the hospital promptly if you are unable to attend an appointment. This time will be reallocated to someone who is in urgent need of treatment. This is how we can best serve the needs of all our patients at Colonial Animal Hospital
How to cancel your appointment:
If it is necessary to cancel your scheduled appointment we require you call at least 12 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Appointments are in high demand, and your early cancellation will give another person the possibility to have access to timely medical care. To cancel please call 703-451-5400, if after hours please leave a message.
A failure to be present at the time of a scheduled appointment will be recorded in the patients file as a “No show” and a $25.00 fee will be billed to the account. Future services will be withheld until this fee has been paid. Three No-Shows will require a payment up front for an office visit over the phone with a credit card.
Who will be charged the $25 cancellation fee?
- No shows- someone who does not show up for their scheduled appointment time.
- If someone cancels their scheduled appointment time with less than 12 hours notice.
- If someone cancels less than 24 hours before or does not show for their grooming appointment.
Who will be charged the $75 cancellation fee?
- No Shows for surgery or Ultrasound appointments- someone who does not show up for their schedule surgery or ultrasound time.
- If someone cancels their scheduled appointment time with less than 24 hours notice.
I have read this form and am aware of the cancellation policy